It started to rain fiercely in QLD today & brought on the need for some comfort food. I was inspired by homemadewithmess with her delish looking spicy meat ball pizza. So I decided to make spicy meat balls in a tomato based sauce with paratha’s and carrot salad. Recipe below.
If you do try out this recipe please post pics or tag me @ lameesea.wordpress.com or on instagram @ lameeses. I would love to see your version of this recipe.
For the meat balls
* You can use any mince meat you like.
* 1/2 white or red onion, chopped finely
* 1-2 red chillis depending how hot you’d like it. I like to leave the seeds in as I love a bit of heat.
* 2 cloves crushed garlic
* a bunch of coriander leaves or parsley, whichever you’d prefer (or both as I did)
* 1/4 cup bread crumbs
* 1 egg
Add all spices and bread crumbs to the mince in a mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients, cover & set in fridge for 20-30 minutes. Remove from fridge after lapsed time and with your hands make small to medium meat balls and fry in oil or butter (I prefer ghee as you only need a tiny amount.) till browned. Cover and set aside.
For the tomato chutney:
* 1/2 white or red onion
* 1 garlic clove chopped
* coriander or parsley leaves for garnishing
* 1-2 tins of chopped Italian tomatoes with garlic and herb, depending how many people you’re serving. Alternatively you could use fresh tomatoes and add your own spices/herbs.
Lightly fry the onions, herbs & garlic intil onions soften or ingredients become fragrant. Add in tomatoes, a pinch or two of sugar (to regulate the acidity of the tomatoes) and salt & pepper to taste. Let simmer till tomatoes are cooked through. Add meatballs to tomato chutney and cook for 10 minutes on low. Tada! Dinner is served.
I served this dish with a side of Paratha’s ( flat bread or roti is another name for it) and a side carrot salad. You could serve with rice or pasta if you prefer.
Hope you try this recipe & enjoy!
Have a delishes day!